Commercial kitchen.......again

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Following on from my previous threads..

Commercial kitchen and Aaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

I now have to return to the job as he's now acquired the unit next door and wants to knock through into it.

This new unit has it's own supply (single phase) ; I think it's fed by 10mm T&E...

I was thinking that I'm going to disconnect this supply and run power in from the other unit (3 phase) so that there is a single point of isolation, so far so good.

The main problem is that he wants to move 3 x 3kW ovens and add another 3 x 3kW ovens

So that's going to make it (circuits not loading)

6 x 16A ovens - re heating

1 x 32A oven - cooking

1 x 16A oven - cooking

1 x 32A hob - cooking

2 x 16A 3 phase cooker - cooking

1 x 20A dishwasher

1 x 13A handwash

1 x 6A 3 phase waste disposal

+ microwave, fridge, freezer, urn, extractor fan, general purpose skts & lighting

I was in there this afternoon checking the loading with my clamp meter and they were only using 10A per phase (lights & re-heating only)

Following on from my previous threads..Commercial kitchen and Aaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

I now have to return to the job as he's now acquired the unit next door and wants to knock through into it.

This new unit has it's own supply (single phase) ; I think it's fed by 10mm T&E...

I was thinking that I'm going to disconnect this supply and run power in from the other unit (3 phase) so that there is a single point of isolation, so far so good.

The main problem is that he wants to move 3 x 3kW ovens and add another 3 x 3kW ovens

So that's going to make it (circuits not loading)

6 x 16A ovens - re heating

1 x 32A oven - cooking

1 x 16A oven - cooking

1 x 32A hob - cooking

2 x 16A 3 phase cooker - cooking

1 x 20A dishwasher

1 x 13A handwash

1 x 6A 3 phase waste disposal

+ microwave, fridge, freezer, urn, extractor fan, general purpose skts & lighting

I was in there this afternoon checking the loading with my clamp meter and they were only using 10A per phase (lights & re-heating only)
The new circuits will be single phase, domestic single ovens!

Don't see why you can't use both supplies. Can you feed everything in the new unit from its own meter or do you need circuits from the first one.

I've done a couple of jobs with two supplys , put warning lables on each of the main switches.