2 Q's about sockets/TV points in kitchen and bathroom

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dane

Customer is having flat screen TV's galore in house i am on at the moment, so having to mount single socket and tv point at 1200 same as light switch's

On the kitchen on

The only area he can have the TV is above the radiator.

Am i fine installing the single socket and TV point above the rad?

The second one

they have decided they want a TV in the bathroom... god know why

The TV point i can to, instead if installing a point just leave coax and go direct into the TV just thinking of the power for these, are they 12v? Hes not got it yet, but i need to get a supply in there ready just in case.

Its in a stud wall if that is any help.

Cheers :)

Customer is having flat screen TV's galore in house i am on at the moment, so having to mount single socket and tv point at 1200 same as light switch's On the kitchen on

The only area he can have the TV is above the radiator.

Am i fine installing the single socket and TV point above the rad?

The second one

they have decided they want a TV in the bathroom... god know why

The TV point i can to, instead if installing a point just leave coax and go direct into the TV just thinking of the power for these, are they 12v? Hes not got it yet, but i need to get a supply in there ready just in case.

Its in a stud wall if that is any help.

Cheers :)
Bad idea mounting it above the rad, screen gives of heat and with the heat rising from the rad as well.

Is the one going in the bathroom rated for operating in steamy atmosphere which you will have?

The TV's I've fitted in bathrooms have used phantom power units where the power is sent down the coax from a psu installed remotely.

Points for a specific purpose (e.g. for plasma or projector) do not have to have a max height of 1200mm from finished floor, but I would make sure the supply can be disconnected to the socket between 450-1200mm (for example by a switch or maybe an mcb).

Ian.

All the points he wanted them "level" so there level with the light switch,

Fuse spur in ring main, then from Fuse spur upto TV single socket.

The bathroom, ive put in a supply that's in a stud wall, that if required can be connected.

I thought that about heat also with it been above radiator.

Only problem here is, there really is no where else for this to go in the kitchen, unfortunately its on of the "what the customer wants, he gets as long as to regs" (plenty of ongoing work)

It will without a doubt shorten the life of the screen but that is up to the customer.

Consider putting in a radiator shelf to direct the heat into the room instead of up into the TV.

Consider putting in a radiator shelf to direct the heat into the room instead of up into the TV.
that is completely out of my control... i cant consider stuff in some one elses house lol

Ive told them its not the best situation, but to be honest. i actually think there not bothered and will just replace the TV if owt happens. they can afford to lol

hi remove rad and install kick space heaters ( it is the kitchen we are talking about?)

hi remove rad and install kick space heaters ( it is the kitchen we are talking about?)
Not my kitchen and not my problem the heating... cant really say to customer "your going to have to spend X amount to have that"