Main incoming fuse box

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dom2464

Reaction score
I have just been to look at a little job for someone and when I got there they showed me what they wanted doing so I had a quick look and told them I would make some inquiries for them.

They have the old type metal incoming fuse box and the door on the front is very nearly falling off and only held on to the back box with a piece of twisted up 6mm earth cable and they wanted the box changing to a new style one.

I told them I cant touch this but would find out for them.

Is this something there electrical supplier would change and if so has anyone ever had it done and know the rough cost?

Do you mean meter cupboard externally accessible or something else?

If you mean its an old still iron clad cut out then the supplier will change it for free. I'm constantly coming across them with doors etc hanging off, one phonecall to edf saying it needs changing and is in a dangerous condition and they normally come out the same day to do it. If its not dangerous just could do with updating they still don't charge but take a bit longer to come out.

Ah cheers for that I will get them to get in touch with there supplier.

If you mean its an old still iron clad cut out then the supplier will change it for free. I'm constantly coming across them with doors etc hanging off, one phonecall to edf saying it needs changing and is in a dangerous condition and they normally come out the same day to do it. If its not dangerous just could do with updating they still don't charge but take a bit longer to come out.
thats it then the next one find will deffo be dangerous every time :^O :^O:^O:coat