hard finding work as a mate/trainee

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveyboy

Reaction score
Hi guys, I know in this recession work is light for everyone but what I think is really sad is how there is only a very few mates jobs out there(even before credit crunch started). People go to college to learn the trade but how can they get any experience?? I think its one of the reasons why there are so many cowboys out there. Not because they like bodging but simply they may have never learnt from another good tradesman.

My example....... 26 years old from surrey. Have worked in the building game for a number of years doing allround maintenance which includes a fair bit of electrics for a large developer.Have a van and all tools got my 17th and soon my level 3 2330. I have asked everywhere for work/experience but to nothing. Even happy to work for free.

So basically when i've finished + done 2391. I'm hoping to move into the sparkyin field but got no experience?

What do you make of that? headbang

So is it best to just jump in at the deepend and learn from there or have you guys got any ideas? ?:|

Thanks.

Davey

start looking for mates work on construction sites

need a cscs card

I hate them ]:)

But you could try the various agencies] :) ]:)

They take a massive sum of your earnings, dont care if you turn up or not, and live off the hard work of all trades.

However the market is slow and now is a bad time, there is some light though, it looks like construction is starting to get some money released from the banks.

The problem was that no bank would loan any money to any construction development per sey, even if that company was viable and low risk. They acted like children who got told off.

Hopefully this will continue and we will all be better off.