How long until I take to vet?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roys

Gold Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morning Apache

So 4 month old puppy, 2nd day of diarrhea, yesterday there was a little blood as well. No blood this morning but still has the runs.

No loss of appatite and appears fine except having the runs. Simplified her meal last night to only a little of Well Beloved puppy food and some boiled rice, gave her the same this morning. No probs eating the lot.

What would you say would be a reasonable length of time until you would say it is more than just a tummy bug and phone the vet?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers Steve

You have done the sensible thing - well done!

I usually turn this question around on it's head - would you go to the doctor with the same problem for the same period of time?

If the puppy is bright and well and doesn't vomit continue feeding as you have been over the weekend. Puppies can go down hill very quickly and if he is unable to keep water down and gets very quiet and depressed then get him to a vet. If the diarrhoea becaome very red and bloody ring the vet.

I take it he has had his puppy vaccination course? Is he regularly wormed? At 4 months of age he wants worming every month (until he's six months old). Do him when he feels better.

If he's bright and just got his runny tummy continue as you are until Monday and maybe give your vet a ring then if you are worried. As I say if he significantly deteriorates ring the vet sooner!

Thanks again for your helpful advise.

Her vaccinations are up to date, probably due another worming as it was about 5 weeks ago when we last done it.

Cheers Steve

Thanks again for your helpful advise.Her vaccinations are up to date, probably due another worming as it was about 5 weeks ago when we last done it.

Cheers Steve
It's no problem roy/steve/roy/steve/roys/stevier/royste..... ;)

Do worm her again! Make sure you do her for the correct weight. She will have grown a lot in the last 5 weeks!

Latest posts