Madelaine McCann

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exbdc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see the investigation is back in the news again this week.

Whilst having every sympathy with the family I can't understand why they haven't been pilloried by the media.

The facts of the matter are that they went off for a meal with friends & left their children without a babysitter & yet nobody has said a bad word against them.

Could it be because they are an educated professional couple rather than a couple of ill-educated, benefit claimants who had left their kids alone whilst going off to the pub for a night out?

In reality there is no difference.

I think you make a very good point there. The hotel even offered a babysitting service. Was an expensive hotel they could afford one.

I won't say too much but I have a feeling they may have named the correct suspects.....

What Suspects?

I agree with you too Exbdc. I have said it all along.

I see the investigation is back in the news again this week.Whilst having every sympathy with the family I can't understand why they haven't been pilloried by the media.

The facts of the matter are that they went off for a meal with friends & left their children without a babysitter & yet nobody has said a bad word against them.

Could it be because they are an educated professional couple rather than a couple of ill-educated, benefit claimants who had left their kids alone whilst going off to the pub for a night out?

In reality there is no difference.
Agree with you if they where not doctors when they got back to this country social services would have been knocking on their door to take the other kids off them, I have said it has all been suspicious from the start.

Anyone who says a bad word against them gets a lawsuit filed against them by the money grabbers.

Would not wish what has happened on anybody and what that little girl has gone through or is going through must be horrendous. Let alone the guilt the parents must be going through.

I agree they were completely stupid and god only knows what the hell they were thinking leaving a girl of that age alone in the hotel of a foreign country.

If they were your usual working class family or a single parent family they would have been chased with pitchforks and flaming torches but for some bizarre reason because they are doctors it seems what they did was OK, this countries classism realy winds me up X(

The grim truth of the matter is she will never be found and it's purely the parents fault but I think the guilt they must wake up with every morning is punishment enough.

Anyone who says a bad word against them gets a lawsuit filed against them by the money grabbers.
There using that awful little Egyptian man's people.

Thats me screwed then. :D

The fact of the matter is, under English law the parents would have been charged with neglet.

Their daughter is missing because they where so full of themselves.

I and my wife stayed at home and never went out for 7 years whilst our children where young.They never strayed more than 50 feet from our sight.

You do not under any circumstances leave your children unattended for any length of time.

I do not feel sorry for the Mcanns, I feel sorry for their children, who have to take second place to there ego's.

The fact of the matter is, under English law the parents would have been charged with neglet.Their daughter is missing because they where so full of themselves.

I and my wife stayed at home and never went out for 7 years whilst our children where young.They never strayed more than 50 feet from our sight.

You do not under any circumstances leave your children unattended for any length of time.

I do not feel sorry for the Mcanns, I feel sorry for their children, who have to take second place to there ego's.
well said!!!

The fact of the matter is, under English law the parents would have been charged with neglet.Their daughter is missing because they where so full of themselves.

Our eldest is nearly 10 and only now im letting him go to the shop down the road, other than that our children stay closer than close to us, whether at home or away.

Why was the girl abducted not the twins ???

How was she abducted when the parents said they could see the apartment

Why was there no media circus around the girl that was abducted in Spain the previous year ??

Quick to name a suspect,, the papers hounded the poor guy but nothing stuck.

The whole thing stinks.......

but at least it was a few weeks holiday for the reporters

The police didn't come out of it too well . It has reminded me of a case in my area in the sixties. A workmate of my ,then, GF, lost her little sister to the A34 (or Cannock Chase) murderer. I'll avoid using her name. He killed three little girls, but I remember that the police didn't give up although it was his wife who turned him in eventually. The owner of every Morris Oxford/ Austin A60 in the country was interviewed, including myself. I believe the * is still in nick.

hi

just to expand further,

my family live in ireland and the irish press reported that the mc canns as medical people drugged their children to sleep so they could go out at night on their hols.....

the mc canns took out some sort of legal press cover up here to hide this story in england and theatened to sue the irish papers concerned....

the irish papers stood by it and were never challenged in the courts, here or there.....

as a parent, i can say that though i love my kids very much, they can be an "inconvenience" at times but they never asked to be born so nonetheless always come first in my "social plans"

best wishes

alan