Software

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tooold

Reaction score
Hi, first post on here so not sure what to expect!

I am trying to get a more proffesional look so

does anyone use test software for the certs?

Any feedback on quality, ease of use and overall price would be welcome.

And which tester would be best suited for it.

Thanks in advance

Thankyou. A lot of people use Tysoft. I was also looking at the Seaward that keeps the results, no need for a laptop or pda. To be honest it all seems like a lot of money and I gotta be sure I'm doing the right thing for the right reasons!

I use Megger powersuite which suits me but if I where to buy again I probably would go for Tysoft as its a lot cheaper and the users on this forum recommend it.

Batty

I use Tysoft Easysert and a Megger MFT1552 both products are spot on, professional and reliable. ;)

I also have Seaward equipment for Pat and (if you haven't already read my previous comments on Seaward in other threads), I would highly recommend that you stay clear. :( :(

Most electricians will tend to go with either a Megger or Fluke which are somewhat out of Seawards league for electrical testers.

All my own opinions of course. ;)

I do have a very old and creaky megger, or is that me! and like it. So may wait untill megger bring out an all singing & dancing version.

I am going to try and do more testing as while I'm not that old I do have a few health issues and rewires and the like are getting hard work. Just looking for a cost effective way to do it and provide a quality service. I will search for your seaward threads thanks

I use Tysoft Easysert and a Megger MFT1552 both products are spot on, professional and reliable. ;) I also have Seaward equipment for Pat and (if you haven't already read my previous comments on Seaward in other threads), I would highly recommend that you stay clear. :( :(

Most electricians will tend to go with either a Megger or Fluke which are somewhat out of Seawards league for electrical testers.

All my own opinions of course. ;)
I am not keen on fluke as my 1652 is away being repaired again.

Batty

:(

But there again Batty, At present, mine isn't getting the use that yours is. :(

But there again Batty, At present, mine isn't getting the use that yours is. :(
Mine came from our friends BDC, manufacturer date was 2005, I brought it in 2008 and have always thought maybe it was a returned one.

Batty

We use Tysoft...Both the EasyPAT and EasyCert.

Good programs... although they need the odd tweak.

O.