Euros / footie

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not normally a football fan but when our national sides are involved I do watch it

well done to Wales 

who will be the better team this evening? England or Scotland

I am English but for the last thirty minutes was praying Scotland would score they would have deserved it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Football isn't really my bag anymore even though I spent much of my youth in the late 70s and early 80s on the terraces at White Hart Lane. What English footballers lack in my opinion is passion to win for their country as opposed to personal gain which is opposite of the players of the successful nations. Maybe I am wrong. 

Football isn't really my bag anymore even though I spent much of my youth in the late 70s and early 80s on the terraces at White Hart Lane. What English footballers lack in my opinion is passion to win for their country as opposed to personal gain which is opposite of the players of the successful nations. Maybe I am wrong. 

I am no big footie expert....

But I will watch the big Euro/World Cup/FA Cup final type matches..

And to my lay-mans view..

I got the impression that Scotland were far more passionate to ensure they tried to win and definitely didn't loose!

Whereas, England with one win in the bag, seemed to think they had no urgency to even try and win!

:C

To win would guarantee promotion to the knock out stage but they seem to be lost in how to achieve this, I was in the end routing for Scotland to score. I like Gareth Southgate but he seems to have a deck of cards in which no matter how he shuffles them he doesn't seem to be able find a winning solution.  

From my limited football knowledge...  (My son-in-law is an AVID football fan & teaching my grand-daughter to appreciate the game, [she's not yet 2!!])

I am guessing that a majority of Sottish fans are going home happy to sleep well tonight...

Whereas the vast majority of English fans are going home thinking..... What happened there?????

why do people want to watch a group of overpaid people run around a field for a few hours kicking a bag of air?

make it more of a challenge and i might be interested. maybe have a few balls. some filled with lead. maybe a few small swimming pools with some sharks or crocs in it etc that they need to cross

why do people want to watch a group of overpaid people run around a field for a few hours kicking a bag of air?

make it more of a challenge and i might be interested. maybe have a few balls. some filled with lead. maybe a few small swimming pools with some sharks or crocs in it etc that they need to cross
Or let a cheetah loose at random intervals ?

take a 25l gorilla tub

fill,it to within 1" of the top with water at body temp

insert elbow for 7 seconds

remove elbow

the size of the hole left in the water is how interested I am in football and is also a direct measurement of how  important football is

just saying

Football is a huge profitable business and top flight players are in demand to maintain a teams popularity, success draws in the Shekels so you have supply and demand. The percentage of players earning top Dollar is quite small and I don't blame an individual for going for the big pay packet, why not if someone if offering it.

Football is a huge profitable business and top flight players are in demand to maintain a teams popularity, success draws in the Shekels so you have supply and demand. The percentage of players earning top Dollar is quite small and I don't blame an individual for going for the big pay packet, why not if someone if offering it.

I would be quite happy with the earnings if they paid tax in the UK. I've always preferred watching Rugby where there is respect for the ref. My interest in football doesn't go much further than the Internationals, and a passing interest in my local team. 

I have a conundrum here, I'd like England to win, just to put it up the EU that the UK left but just popped back to win their little trophy, 

But, 

Am I going to have to listen to this **** for the next 55 years again,????