Adverts

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul b b

Reaction score
Hello Chaps,

I'm Just going to dig around im my shallow empty pockets and place an advert or two.

I was wondering if yell.com is any good? I got quoted 500 seems a lot if it dosent work.

thanks

paul

Hi Paul, they got in contact with me a few days ago, Wanted

I am with Yell.com no phone calls and I am on the NICEIC page.

I have adverts with yellow pages so far 1 call.

Local paper

I think I'd deff the Yellows and go with a local paper. I heard somewhere that people using Yellow Pages will look at the first listings A-B-C-D and only the larger boxed type ads.

I am in both Yellow pages and a box ad in the business section of the Phone Book...... very little from Yellow Pages, lots from Phone Book also cheaper. Businesses are much easier found in the Phone Book

If you do go with yellow pages/yell.com expect a lot of nuisance phone calls from people wanting you to join there web site, advertise in factitious magazines/newsletters or sponsorships. I had loads when I first went with them, it has died off a bit know after 18 months.

i would do all the free yellow pages and thompson not that you get anything but i like free things.

in sheffield the place to go is in the local star 200 month but your phone will ring and ring lots..

i have advertise big time in the big yelow book and had nothing,, a friend of mine did a 1/3 page 1500 pound and got nothing.

no one ever uses yellow pages,ever dont waste ur money m8.

Not going to quote you Special, I have advertised in the corporate section and got 1 call.

I would assume from this its very much an area thing like post code lotteries?

I will wait and see what happens.

I have a seperate phone number from the Yellow pages so I can instantly tell where the call is generated from. I will keep you posted.

Incidently the 1 call I did receive if given the job would pay for the advert 3 times over.