Maximum Ze Value allowed for a TT system

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedfordshire1000

Reaction score
What is the maximum Ze value allowed for a TT system? I have a reading of 3.36 ohms and where do i find it in the regs? Also all my ZS values are around the same value where do i find the appropiate disconnection values for a TT system ( As the ones i have seem well too high?)

What is the maximum Ze value allowed for a TT system? I have a reading of 3.36 ohms and where do i find it in the regs? Also all my ZS values are around the same value where do i find the appropiate disconnection values for a TT system ( As the ones i have seem well too high?)
Your Zs values are around the same value due to the fact that your Ze is the major component in the equation.If you measure R1+R2 values of your circuits these will be the values that will differ and confirm the soundness /

or otherwise/ of your circuit continuity....as Andy states..refer to 411.5.3 and table 41.5....assuming of course the installation is protected by an RCD..cos you never actually stated that one was installed

Ypur Reading of 3.36 ohms is a good one and well within the Max recommended range 200ohms as Andy states { less for me,...but thats another story Hey Andy ! ; \ ; \