Hallo, My Name is Terry

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TC101

Reaction score
I have recently joined this forum and this is my first post just to introduce myelf. I am a time served electrician but I have been doing other things for awhile. I have come back to being an electrician again and I am busy bringing my certificates back in order. I have enjoyed reading some of the comments in the forum and I am learning a lot about some of the changes that have taken place, mainly with inspection, since I have been away. I will post again soon. anyway - nice to meet you guys.

Welcome to the forum Terry, what makes you want to come back to being an electrician

Welcome to forum Terry.

I'm glad that you have come out of the shadows and decided to post.

Here's to lots more. Guiness Drink

In aswer to Mikel's question about why I returned to being an electrician. The answer is this.

I served my apprenticeship with one of the local authorities doing rewires and such and did that with various companies for a number of years and then in the later part of the 70's the building trade died much as it is doing now. I went of and did many different this from taxis to driving bread vans. I ended up doing welding inspection and testing in the engineering industries and got quite high up the chain of command using some quite sophisticated techniques like using ultrasonics to test welds and the like. Exiting and interesting at first at first and exremely well paid at times. But after 18 years I got incredibly bored with it. I was living in Holland at the time and as I aproached my 50th birthday I decided I was never again going to work in a job that I found boring. So I packed it in, left Holland and returned to Scotland and let all my qualifications lapse. I looked back over all the jobs I had ever done and realised that being an electrician and dealing with people by working in peoples houses and shops and turning out a good job that was not only properly done but looked good as well was the best job I ever had. So i contacted the JIB to get my grading card re-instated. They said "we will have to go into the archives". But I got the grading card back , done the 16th edition and then recently the 17th edition and I am busy with the C&G 2391 because that is where I want to be. I am unemployed at the moment and busy trying to find the right Job.

That was quite long but you did ask.

I forgot to add when I introduced myself that I live in Coatbridge in Lanarkshire (just outside Glasgow). Any sparkies in the area say hallo.

Terry!!!!!

Hi Terry

Welcome, I am new to this forum as well, I am not far away from you, I am in Falkirk, so hello and welcome back to your trade.

Cheers Steve