Todays phone call

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a phone call off a builder that I did a job for; extension of circuits into a building extension (including an en-suite)...

When I finished the job I then complied my EIC and notified the job through the NIC, I printed off the notification receipt aswell... I gave both of these to the builder.

What's happened is that the BCO has told him that he can't sign off the completion certificate because my notification is not showing on their computer..headbangheadbang

Anyway I phoned up the BCO, gave him the job number and he is going to check it out with the NIC!!

And I joined the NIC to get away from the BCOX( X(

How long ago was the job?

because there is that allowed timescale between....

finishing the job

You issuing certs & Notifying via your provider

And the provider organising issue of completion certificate!

Isn't it 30days for each step ?

Have you been back on line to view your submissions...

You could double check the details of name / address etc.. of client...

Is the client address the same as the work location address??

this could also bring some confusion!

TBH tho...

if the BCO have copy of your EIC with serial No.

& your NIC reg No.

That should be sufficient for them to have someone else to pass the buck onto ?? ?:| ? :|

I finished the job a week last Friday and notified it on the Tuesday.. Builder got paperwork on the Tuesday..

So it's well within the 30 day limit!!

I got completion certs sent to both the builders address and the work address..

Everything as it should be!!

In my experience NIC need at least 6 weeks to get thier cert to customer. had two customers chase for cert and both took that long, no one else has chased so dont know about the rest. BC aint going to get NIC notifacation in much under 4 weeks as I was told by NIC. But if I ring NIC today I'll get a different answer! ESC has just taken nearly 3 months to get safety leaflets to me!