Building Control are a joke.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono Pashley

Reaction score
Rang my local LABC today about notifying the rewire i have to do, they said they want either 150 quid + an additional inspection fee + i have to provide them with drawings of where everything is going, or that i should just get someone to self cert it for me, which begs the question should these folks be giving advise?

Im no closer to being able to start thanks to the inept people at LABC, no spark in their right mind would sign off on anyone elses work, even if i have already tested it all myself once.. dont know how people are supposed to get jobs ready for assessment when the replys you get from the people in charge is as clear as mud.

Our BC just use a nominated local spark to inspect, not much different to getting someone to do it for you. May even be cheaper. You could always use a green if you feel good enough and qualified enough to do it.

It has been said before that people have notified their work via there scheme after thay have been assessed on it and passed!

Cept i wont be registering until after i get me 17th done in October and this job has come up sooner than expected and cant really afford not to take any work, put

u can still apply even though u do not have ur 17th edition. as long as u will have it within (i think) 6 months there should be no prob.. just check the NIC web site

sorry yes, we are sick of going in on a job with a good price and being beated by electricians with no insurance,no scheme, in a OLD BANGER, not a dust sheet in sight and under cutting us . :(

yawn ...

we try and do it by the book ie: part p and everything and were does it get us . ?

I've got an old banger (no not my missus) and do everything by the book but don't seem to have spare money to buy a new van.

Batty

sorry yes, we are sick of going in on a job with a good price and being beated by electricians with no insurance,no scheme, in a OLD BANGER, not a dust sheet in sight and under cutting us . :( yawn ...

we try and do it by the book ie: part p and everything and were does it get us . ?
:Y

in the pub ! :^O :coat

Some council tenants are really nice and considerate!!!!

They leave metal foil trays, fish & chip papers and dirty nappies on the floor to collect the brick dust. :(

Their homes normally look cleaner after I finished the job than before I first started. :^O

Anyway hope all you peeps are good as I havent posted on here for a while.

Isnt it strange that so many Council Tenants seem to have the same problem of scorch marks on the Live { Sorry Line] input and output tails at the Meter......Cant understand.it....honest ! :^O :^O

Rang the clowns again today, they come look at first fix but do not do any testing at all and dont arrange for it i have to commision a PIR on it. Anyone got a roung figure to carry out a PIR on 6 room bungalow with 9 circuits, no accessability issues to any areas or to cabling routes etc. ?:|

Rang the clowns again today, they come look at first fix but do not do any testing at all and dont arrange for it i have to commision a PIR on it. Anyone got a roung figure to carry out a PIR on 6 room bungalow with 9 circuits, no accessability issues to any areas or to cabling routes etc. ?:|
its upto LABC to arrange/pay for I&T. they cannot pass charge onto your or expect you to do it. see here for more info

Amazing really isnt it how the supposed enforcers dont even have a clue... just puts me out having to tell them how to do their own jobs and delays me getting started, which will inevitably make me look a prat to the customer.

He also said they wouldnt accept any C&G certs/jib cards as proof of competence.