DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

Mixing Florries

binky

Question

Seem to rmember a discussion on one of the threads about not mixing standard florries with HF on the same circuit. Can anyone elighten me as to whether this is a definte problem or direct me to said discussion thread (which I can't find).

3 answers to this question

Evans Electric

Binky, I think it was one of mine , in Tricks of the Trade. I took it from Fitzgerald or Crompton pamphlets, where they advise not to mix them on a circuit as pulses caused by the starter switches when striking can affect the HF control gear.

Deke

Andy™

i have installed HF on circuits with switch start. so far, never had any problems

Sorry folks have just answered my own question, having just found my own thread Blushing http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4097&highlight=High+frequency.

Its been a long day (was up at 4am to access car-park whilst empty). However if anyone can shed more light on the issue, any comments will be welcome.

Archived