DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

order of work

Blue Fox

Question

Hello all,

Just had a call to accept a quote I did last week, basically customer wants a couple of light switches moving and a plug socket, and after explaining the requirements for rcd protection they decided to get their fuse box which was the same model used on the titanic changed for a new c/u. Thinking there could be some problems with this house I intend to complete the chasings and move the switches and socket along with the inspecting on 1 day then go back in a couple of weeks to fit the new c/u - this is due to them having a chippy in to build a cupboard to fit everything in. Is this a problem as I will be doing work on the circuits without rcd protection for a couple of weeks?

8 answers to this question

'not left in a more unsafe state than when you started'

comes to mind,,,,,,,just test what you have done and if its ok go back in a few weeks.

why not just change the c/u while there saves messing the ouse up twice ;)

Hello all,

Just had a call to accept a quote I did last week, basically customer wants a couple of light switches moving and a plug socket, and after explaining the requirements for rcd protection they decided to get their fuse box which was the same model used on the titanic changed for a new c/u. Thinking there could be some problems with this house I intend to complete the chasings and move the switches and socket along with the inspecting on 1 day then go back in a couple of weeks to fit the new c/u - this is due to them having a chippy in to build a cupboard to fit everything in. Is this a problem as I will be doing work on the circuits without rcd protection for a couple of weeks?

The agreed schedule of works are "IN PROGRESS".....

Your signed certificate, (be they EIS or MWC), stating your works comply with current regs, will be signed "UPON COMPLETION" of the agreed schedule of works....

"NOT IN THE MIDDLE" of the work you have in progress,

So as long as you at no point leave the installation in an unsafe condition,

the intermediate stages and circuit arrangements are at your discretion.

(consider a big rewire or new build with first fix second fix & maybe some temporary circuits?)

no problems IMHO!;)

Only problem is Blue Fox is say after you have moved their switches and installed the additional socket they decide within that two weeks to cancel the Consumer unit job...Where does that leave you......up the swanny i think !...we all know how devious some customers can be. i think its got to be the consumer unit swap first, then your covered.

Only problem is Blue Fox is say after you have moved their switches and installed the additional socket they decide within that two weeks to cancel the Consumer unit job...Where does that leave you......up the swanny i think !...we all know how devious some customers can be. i think its got to be the consumer unit swap first, then your covered.

That all depends on if you do work to a "Signed agreement / contract" rather than just word of mouth and how you word your agreement.:);)

I would see nothing wrong in this ,however you also have to remember that any temporary installation still has to conform to the current regulations.

its all one job, just not completed at the same time. if they do then say they dont want CU, tell them they wont be getting any certs because the work hasnt been completed (after you take the money for work youve done)

Archived