Gas Hob

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistymoo

Reaction score
Hello happy people.

I have another question for you. Gas hobs- (not with an oven attached, just a hob that fits into a work top) will it need a designated circuit? I can only find stuff about "cookers" and "ovens" but nothing about stand alone hobs.

I'm presuming it will need some kind of electric to spark it up in the beginning but I may be wrong. (I try and stay away from cooking) Any of you guys ever wired one in before?

I suppose I could go to Dixons or Curries and harras a sales person instead?

Thanks,

M

doesnt need seperate feed

spur from kitchen ring will be fine ,,,,,,,,3 amp fuse in plug

Superb. Now I just need them to make their minds up about where they actually want it (other than in the kitchen that is...) !

Thanks.

M

Hello happy people.I have another question for you. Gas hobs- (not with an oven attached, just a hob that fits into a work top) will it need a designated circuit? I can only find stuff about "cookers" and "ovens" but nothing about stand alone hobs.

I'm presuming it will need some kind of electric to spark it up in the beginning but I may be wrong. (I try and stay away from cooking) Any of you guys ever wired one in before?

I suppose I could go to Dixons or Curries and harras a sales person instead?Thanks,

M
I think you would get more sense out of one of your garden nomes than from their salesmen ! [ with apologies to Batty for nicking his garden theme ]

I think you would get more sense out of one of your garden nomes than from their salesmen ! [ with apologies to Batty for nicking his garden theme ]
Nahhhhhhhh

the Gnomes are fick!!!! :p :p:p:p

they know nuffin!

go ask the fish in the garden pond.....

they know everything!:DBlushing:p] :)