cooker switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maccarooni

Reaction score
evening all.

I wonder if any one can point me in the right direction.

I'm after a cooker switch with socket, however the norm is a 2 gang box with switch / socket side by side. What I'm looking for is 2 gang box upright with switch / socket one over the other. in my haste i got a n MK k5011 but this goes into a large back box. Customer wont want me chasing in a bigger box as she dosen't really want to replace the existing cracked one. Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Macca

Guiness Drink

The original cooker switch was installed in 1974. I have never personally seen one like this and the customer needs a socket incorporated as its is the only socket on one side of the kitchen.

Macca

cheers batty.

Just found one on the TLC site.

A2456

Horizontal

with red rocker

If this is the type you're saying, its not the one i need,,,,, You got a link please.

Macca

if the customer wants it then they can pay for it. do it your way or dont do it. i would put in a new 2g back box if they dont like it balls to them. customers are always wanting to dictate the job,
or just fit the one I linked?

You are working for the customer! You have to work to there specification within the regs and what is practical.

Have a beer and chill! Guiness Drink

i still type too slow

yes the link is the one CM 1456 Well similar and more tacky looking than the original one

Guiness Drink have one on me

Tom1

( if the customer wants it then they can pay for it. do it your way or dont do it. i would put in a new 2g back box if they dont like it balls to them. customers are always wanting to dictate the job,

Yes they do as they are paying for it. As i said at the start the customer HAS to have it as the old one is cracked so obviously, I am trying to do it as cheaply for her as possibly. Fortunately i havent got the attidude of do it my way or i'm bnot doing it. Just remember a happy customer will tell people how good you are and an unhappy one will tell alot more people.

macca

Thanks for the links batty / apache