Extra Tabs...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hello Chaps and Chapsesses.

Everytime I click on Google, It opens in the current window and it opens an extra "Tab" at the side of it too.

How do I stop the extra Tag opening please?

Many Thanks,

Admin.

Depends which browser you're using. Try going into Tools & then options. Look at your defaults & settings. You should be able to sort it from there.

Thank You ExBDC. Sorted Mate.

Tools -> Options -> General -> and there was two http://www.google.co.uk (s) in there.

Got rid of the one and it is sorted.

Thanks Again.

Safari isn't too bad,,,

although I've just had a problem with the Flash plugin so I'm using Firefox now...

Seriously thinking of going over to Linux for my laptop at the moment cause Vista is so slow to start up..

Safari isn't too bad,,,although I've just had a problem with the Flash plugin so I'm using Firefox now...

Seriously thinking of going over to Linux for my laptop at the moment cause Vista is so slow to start up..
Make sure all the programs you have will run under Linux O/S most are designed to run on a specfic O/S eg Windows and are not swoppable.

Safari isn't too bad,,,although I've just had a problem with the Flash plugin so I'm using Firefox now...

i am hearing goood stuff about win 7 .. and i am sure there is a registered ver for 50 pound till release date .. then it will be 200 + i imagine

i am hearing goood stuff about win 7 .. and i am sure there is a registered ver for 50 pound till release date .. then it will be 200 + i imagine
After the problems with XP and Vista in the first 12 months think it is an enticement to get people to buy it. Would still wait 12 months + for all the bugs to be ironed out.

When Microsoft had problems with Vista believe it was the first time that they allowed companies selling PC's and Laptops to swop from Vista back to XP.

Know of companies still using Xp on networks as would not update to Vista.

Win 7 is available on the MS site as a free download for 4 months.

I run Firefox and IE7.

I used to have Safari too - But I wasn't too keen on it - so Uninstalled it.

I run Firefox. Tried them all & it's definitely the best. Only time I use IE is to get Windows udates.

If you've updated to new Firefox & also run Norton, watch out for probs. with Norton toolbar.

After the problems with XP and Vista in the first 12 months think it is an enticement to get people to buy it. Would still wait 12 months + for all the bugs to be ironed out.When Microsoft had problems with Vista believe it was the first time that they allowed companies selling PC's and Laptops to swop from Vista back to XP.

Know of companies still using Xp on networks as would not update to Vista.
my computer came with vista installed, but after 2 month i changed it to XP

If you've updated to new Firefox & also run Norton, watch out for probs. with Norton toolbar.
There was a time I recommended Norton to everyone. Now, I have had so many problems with it time after time. I detest the rubbish. X(

my computer came with vista installed, but after 2 month i changed it to XP
I would do that - if I ever purchased a PC with Vista too Andy.

Never had a prob. with Norton. Been using it for years. You do need a fast processor for the newer versions.