Which 17th Edition Book?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom79

Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to do my 17th Ediction in October, and need to get the book, fast question, I got a site guild, is that ok? or should I get the "big book!"

Cheers

You need to get the large red regulation book, along with the on site guide.. otherwise u will not be able to complete the exam as you will fail with out a doubt...

the OSG is exactly what it says... an on site guide. its not an alternative to the regs. Any decent sparky should have one, and you wont be able tor register with a scam provider if you dont have it

Sounds like a good investment anyway, just wanted to make sure I got the right one.

What is the scam provider?

anyone who will take your cash to allow you to notify work

youll find with just about every to do with government, scam fits the tittle better than scheme

Oh I see! cheers.

Well, I just thught I would get on this course at my local college, I was working as an Electrician Mate, but not been working as a mate for over a year for a couple of reasons and want to get back into it so, thought get this c&g under my belt and I might have more jobs open to me (thats the idea anyways)

When I was originaly doing my C&G 2330 (which I also had to stop) I only had a 16th OSG, so thought better check before I turn up so thanks for reply.

Hope this course helps, well, cant do any harm thats for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi TOM79, as the others say get the big red book, as you need to get familiar with all of the sections. I done the update recently as was given a 17th edition learning guide by the college where i done the course

you do need the big red book i have just done mine and it was the only book i needed.

i also try`ed the 17th edition exam disk from http://Electrical Quals 17th edition it was better than just looking at the book night after night.

Well I have just got my big red book, it is BIG! I am starting to wonder if doing my text in October is such a good idea...

I will take a look at some of the home learning CD's and so on

DOes anyone have any experiance with Learning Lounge?

searley, what level was you at before you did you test? have you done a C&G2330 or anything before?

Thanks

Don`t woory about it tom79, you won`t be able to read and memorise every part of the book. You just need to know how to use the book.

The answer to all of the questions you get will be located somewhere in the book

you will have to do some revision on a night even if it just an hour just so you have a good idea where things are with city & guilds just make sure you read the question properly they like to hoy a few curve balls in just to make sure you are reading it properly.

you do need the big red book i have just done mine and it was the only book i needed.i also try`ed the 17th edition exam disk from http://Electrical Quals 17th edition it was better than just looking at the book night after night.
Hi, thanks but the link is broken?

Would be good to have something to point me in the right direction like that, I heard electacourse do a good teaching CD, but there test I have read has a few wrong answers and you need a printer to view the answers (cant see why)