Creative or just lazy?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took a cover off a CU this morning to see if there was a "cooker" circuit!

1.jpg

2.jpg

I'm assuming that the installer couldn't be bothered to investigate issues and made these unusual changes ............  think it'll be added to the work I may be doing

But surely if you know there are issues with circuits wouldn't you just raise them with the client and agree a rate to investigate and fix them?

My guess: the installer C***** up and cut both busbars too short, then thought, how can I correct it?

What's going on in picture 2?  the new L strapper seems to have had a haircut with a couple of strands into L and a loose strand perilously close to the N?

I've seen socket and lighting circuits crossed with each other on conservatory alterations...

Live from a light switch..

but neutral taken from the sockets.. 

as switch only had Live & switched live.. 

Or other downstairs light alterations joined onto upstairs socket neutrals...

as DIY-bob couldn't find the correct circuit cables when messing under floorboards..

especially when lighting is wired in singles!!

:popcorn

Given the CU install is only 18 months ago I asked the customer if they had an EIC ....... and yes they did 

This is the relevant part

Image 3a.JPG

Not sure I would have considered the CU install complete with those issues on the EIC