Charging end of a plug but it has 2 wires where the plug has 5

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilleen

Reaction score
I changing the end of a plug it had red green yellow white and black wires. The end I need to put on only has 2 wires. Which do I join them to and wayndo I do with the rest of the wires.. plz help I really need to get this done. It's s 42v charger with the wrong end.. so I fort I cud just change it.. wat are all the other wired for
Thanks

It sounds as though you may be trying to connect an elderly, (or perhaps imported with foreign colour code cable), three phase device to a single phase supply.

If so, that can't be done.  You need on site professional advice.

I changing the end of a plug it had red green yellow white and black wires. The end I need to put on only has 2 wires. Which do I join them to and wayndo I do with the rest of the wires.. plz help I really need to get this done. It's s 42v charger with the wrong end.. so I fort I cud just change it.. wat are all the other wired for
Thanks
I was told I cud join live and earth and just leave the other 3 . But someone else said that they will need grouping and attaching to one of the plug wires. So all 5 will join the plug 2 wires

You don't give any information about the purpose of this plug / charger / lead.. 

(other than its 42v)..

Without more detailed information, I doubt anyone will be able to help....

Maybe some links to the product, and/or manuals etc...

:C

I'd guess the extra wires may be for something along the lines of battery monitoring or such like. 

It's seldom a case of just changing a plug to make a different charger compatible. 

A lot more info would be required 

Latest posts