DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

contactum BUST?

ktguk

Question

went to CEF today to get some 60898s for a contactum board and was told they`ve gone bust, asked how long ad he said they found out off a customer. have they really gone bust?

also proteus amd m3 breaker fit upside down,

8 answers to this question

Contactum went into receivership a few months ago. The MD was featured on a TV programme about the credit crunch. Had a full order book but the bank wouldn't support him.

Understand they have set up again. Nice to see British mnf. still exists.

There gear is made abroad but its still good quality.

Batty

went to CEF today to get some 60898s for a contactum board and was told they`ve gone bust, asked how long ad he said they found out off a customer. have they really gone bust?

also proteus amd m3 breaker fit upside down,

I don't think that is true. As far as I am aware Contactum will not sell to cef for some reason.

Batty

Zeespark

Perhaps because Contactum have some self respect? :)

AndyGuiness Drink

Contactum went into receivership a few months ago. The MD was featured on a TV programme about the credit crunch. Had a full order book but the bank wouldn't support him.

Understand they have set up again. Nice to see British mnf. still exists.

Evans Electric

Yes I think they went under and bounced back, think they are part of the Crabtree group now ,not sure , just know I've had a right game getting some of their MCBs this week.

Evans Electric

Thanks Warren, thats where I got them with Forum advice. Not used them before , found them very efficient, no branches in the Midlands but breakers arrived in two days .

Archived