DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

check this out

Badger

i cant believe he has 13 cameras on his house, including the inside cameras installed too!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/break-in-and-make-my-day/video/series-1/episode-1/home-security

and i thought ours was alot having 8 on the house :o

Image132.jpg

Seems rather paranoid!

Badger - if you don't mind me asking why have you all your cameras? Is there a lot of crime or antisocial behaviour around? You just a bit paranoid? Or just very security conscious?

It's not something I have ever considered. I don't have an alarm.

we have a grade 2 galaxy on the property which calls the mobile numbers x 4 via ptsn line a=or mobile network if the phone line fails, security lighting, and 8 cameras, the camera that is looking up the driveway is pan tilt zoom ::D so can be mmmoved by joystick control :D i put the cameras in after kid started causing trouble but once they realised the cameras where watching they stopped after a few visits to their parents by the police :D :D

and option 3 just very security concous mainly :D

If it give you time to flush your stash then it's all worth it ;)

nothing like that goes on here i can assure you pache :P

nothing like that goes on here i can assure you pache :P

I hope so. You don't live next to Sandra then ;)

I was about to say that Patch, he asks if I live in a bad area !!! The nerve. Its pretty bad nearer the city centre , Handsworth , Lozells ,Aston etc one doesn't go there TBH. The black kids go round shooting each other , at the moment they just shoot each other but its bound to escalate , my missus says its time to go.

I grew up in those areas but it was different then , all the gangs were white and our local funny guy was Ozzie Osbourne and even City , Villa and Albion fans could walk the streets .

Thinking of moving up by Patch, might get free veterinary treatment for Oscar the Pharting Westie. ;) Trouble is they talk funny in Yorkyland. ;)

I was about to say that Patch, he asks if I live in a bad area !!! The nerve. Its pretty bad nearer the city centre , Handsworth , Lozells ,Aston etc one doesn't go there TBH. The black kids go round shooting each other , at the moment they just shoot each other but its bound to escalate , my missus says its time to go.

I grew up in those areas but it was different then , all the gangs were white and our local funny guy was Ozzie Osbourne and even City and Albion fans could walk the streets .

Thinking of moving up by Patch, might get free veterinary treatment for Oscar the Pharting Westie. ;)Trouble is they talk funny in Yorkyland. ;)

oooooohhh dont let patchey see that comment as hell be wanting to give you a shot up the :o with a very big injection :D

Oh blimey , can I get rid of it ? Trouble is , with us talking so posh here , we have trouble with regional accents, yow know , people what cor spake roight.

hey up. stop mythering lads. It'll be right.

Oh , he,s off again !! You can be arrested for mythering lads !!!!

Oh , he,s off again !! You can be arrested for mythering lads !!!!

:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

the joys of birmingham, i think i need a drink just thinking about it, and lets not even talk about our roit in the center last week :| try live jointing with that going on around you :_| we just gave up and went :P

Guiness Drink

Ah a jointer , I have a question , I have more than one. I did a spell with the firm's jointer I did my time with, involved a lot of tea making on the roarer from my part.

Anyway I see that under H&S rules you don't change the cast cut-outs live anymore, but still have to cut the cable off live while its done then joint it up again live. Seems a bit daft to me or am I missing something ?

Deke

basicly it is h & s gone mad, but its mainly because the risk of a short then the associated arc is much higher in a small work area such as wear a cut out is located, think about the set ups where the old cast iorns are, how many times have you seen them under the stairs in the dark? when we cut the cable basicly we am in control of whats happning such as the size of the work area and the risk of us shorting a cable out is pretty small, its not just the cast iorn cut outs we dont do live, there a lot of times the street lamp services and cut outs because of space and sometime normal cut outs such as the henley series 2 just because its easyer to work dead around the cut out.

sparkss

anyone got anything else to ask, just ask, if lots of qestions new thread admin?

and if i dont know the answer i will certainly find out for you

B-)

anyone got anything else to ask, just ask, if lots of qestions new thread admin?

and if i dont know the answer i will certainly find out for you

B-)

I have one. Who owns the fibreglass box my electricity meter lives in?

Mine looks crap. Can I change it for a nice one? Make my own out of oak?

:D

Pretty sure you own it Patch, you'd have to pay the network to take the stuff out while you change the box.

Pretty sure you own it Patch, you'd have to pay the network to take the stuff out while you change the box.

It's really only a fibreglass door with a frame. Not a proper cupboard. I could remove it without disturbing the meter.

Where could I get one of the meter key locks to fit to my own cupboard? I think I may have a project if it's mine to do as I like with............

Good question , no answer. So you could fit a nice door then , just need a triangular lock for the meter reader.

the joys of meters as evans says it will be yours as long as you maintain accsess to it you can do what you want with it, but anything that involes moveing the meter ect will require involement of the meter operator not the DNO but will then be contracted back to the DNO to move to cut out, but all this is done threw the supplier :_|

in the CN patch its mostly all operated by e.on we am all out of the same depots but trying to organise something is just a joek to be honnest, around here to move the equipment it would be:

1. Call to supplier

2. They send meter operater to move meter ( metering services/e.on energy)

3. They call for e.on energy services to move equiptment apart from meter. (all this work is charged for so central networks are not involved)

4.But if any problems or faults central networks have to be called out to it.

So at times you can have 3 parts of e.on out at one job, all from the same DC but all totaly seprate parts of the company :_|

Life used to be simple, just phone the MEB.

Questions (anybody who knows),

1. Can you get meter/fuse reseal kits?

2. If the meter cupboard door hinges break, as they often do, whose responsible for the cost of replacement, property owner or electricity supplier?

Questions for Sparkss the jointer,

1. How dodgy is the live jointing, I know working live is potentialy fatal but in reality are there any accidents/incidents?

2. Finally and probably most importantly... do you work in a pair of marrigolds :^O :^O :coat

Seriously though, respect for mawling with big nasty live cables!!

Questions (anybody who knows),

1. Can you get meter/fuse reseal kits?

Oh yes

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-ROUND-LEAD-SEALS-ELECTRIC-METER-TACHOGRAPHS-TOOL_W0QQitemZ290264770536QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET?hash=item439520e7e8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

2. If the meter cupboard door hinges break, as they often do, whose responsible for the cost of replacement, property owner or electricity supplier?

If it belongs to the homeowner I suppose it depends who breaks it. If you broke it suppose you'd have to fix it! It it wears out then homeowner.

Archived