check this out

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i cant believe he has 13 cameras on his house, including the inside cameras installed too!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/break-in-and-make-my-day/video/series-1/episode-1/home-security

and i thought ours was alot having 8 on the house :eek:

Image132.jpg

Seems rather paranoid!

Badger - if you don't mind me asking why have you all your cameras? Is there a lot of crime or antisocial behaviour around? You just a bit paranoid? Or just very security conscious?

It's not something I have ever considered. I don't have an alarm.

we have a grade 2 galaxy on the property which calls the mobile numbers x 4 via ptsn line a=or mobile network if the phone line fails, security lighting, and 8 cameras, the camera that is looking up the driveway is pan tilt zoom : :D so can be mmmoved by joystick control :D i put the cameras in after kid started causing trouble but once they realised the cameras where watching they stopped after a few visits to their parents by the police :D :D

I was about to say that Patch, he asks if I live in a bad area !!! The nerve. Its pretty bad nearer the city centre , Handsworth , Lozells ,Aston etc one doesn't go there TBH. The black kids go round shooting each other , at the moment they just shoot each other but its bound to escalate , my missus says its time to go.

I grew up in those areas but it was different then , all the gangs were white and our local funny guy was Ozzie Osbourne and even City , Villa and Albion fans could walk the streets .

Thinking of moving up by Patch, might get free veterinary treatment for Oscar the Pharting Westie. ;) Trouble is they talk funny in Yorkyland. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was about to say that Patch, he asks if I live in a bad area !!! The nerve. Its pretty bad nearer the city centre , Handsworth , Lozells ,Aston etc one doesn't go there TBH. The black kids go round shooting each other , at the moment they just shoot each other but its bound to escalate , my missus says its time to go. I grew up in those areas but it was different then , all the gangs were white and our local funny guy was Ozzie Osbourne and even City and Albion fans could walk the streets .

Thinking of moving up by Patch, might get free veterinary treatment for Oscar the Pharting Westie. ;) Trouble is they talk funny in Yorkyland. ;)
oooooohhh dont let patchey see that comment as hell be wanting to give you a shot up the :eek: with a very big injection :D

the joys of birmingham, i think i need a drink just thinking about it, and lets not even talk about our roit in the center last week :| try live jointing with that going on around you :_| we just gave up and went :p

Guiness Drink

Ah a jointer , I have a question , I have more than one. I did a spell with the firm's jointer I did my time with, involved a lot of tea making on the roarer from my part.

Anyway I see that under H&S rules you don't change the cast cut-outs live anymore, but still have to cut the cable off live while its done then joint it up again live. Seems a bit daft to me or am I missing something ?

Deke

basicly it is h & s gone mad, but its mainly because the risk of a short then the associated arc is much higher in a small work area such as wear a cut out is located, think about the set ups where the old cast iorns are, how many times have you seen them under the stairs in the dark? when we cut the cable basicly we am in control of whats happning such as the size of the work area and the risk of us shorting a cable out is pretty small, its not just the cast iorn cut outs we dont do live, there a lot of times the street lamp services and cut outs because of space and sometime normal cut outs such as the henley series 2 just because its easyer to work dead around the cut out.

sparkss

anyone got anything else to ask, just ask, if lots of qestions new thread admin?

and if i dont know the answer i will certainly find out for you

B-)

anyone got anything else to ask, just ask, if lots of qestions new thread admin?and if i dont know the answer i will certainly find out for you

B-)
I have one. Who owns the fibreglass box my electricity meter lives in?

Mine looks crap. Can I change it for a nice one? Make my own out of oak?

:D

Pretty sure you own it Patch, you'd have to pay the network to take the stuff out while you change the box.
It's really only a fibreglass door with a frame. Not a proper cupboard. I could remove it without disturbing the meter.

Where could I get one of the meter key locks to fit to my own cupboard? I think I may have a project if it's mine to do as I like with............