Computer Problem (Google Home Page).

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hi All,

Following on from my thread here:

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5310

I have a further problem on IE7.

When I click on my homepage, Google pops Up (As it should) when I type something in, it shows the results. (Nothing wrong with that - that is what it is supposed to do, I hear you say).

Only, It gives a lot of rubbish carp first and then it shows the wesite that I want, some distance down. (I have noticed it going like that for a week or so).

But this time - When I click on the website that I want, It goes straight back to the Google homepage.

It doesn't do this, or display the carp, when I do it in FireFox.

Anyone have any Idea as to what is going on and how I can correct it please?

Many Thanks,

Admin.

Are you using the google toolbar? If so unistal & reinstal it. Also check your browser settings - Tools, Options.

I ran Prevx. It found 4 viruses.

Got rid of them and after a reboot, it was still the same.

It appears to alright all of a sudden though. ?:|

Browser Hijacked Barx? :eek:

You might want to try resetting the TCP/IP stack to installation defaults.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

You might want to try resetting the TCP/IP stack to installation defaults.TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log
I don't get a single word of that..............

:|

I can't run Windows updates via Firefox. It has to be done through IE even though Firefox is my default browser.

Do you know something I don't?

I can't run Windows updates via Firefox. It has to be done through IE even though Firefox is my default browser.Do you know something I don't?
You could just do it through control panel ;)

a browser hijack is a sneaky plugin (much like the flash player, shockwave player, etc plugins) for IE that installs normally without you knowing and then does things to play with your mind. Like........... throw up pages that you weren't looking for, you type 1 address in and it goes to another and so on. Search for, download, install and run hijackthis. save the log and post it on here. I will instruct from there ;)

You could just do it through control panel ;) a browser hijack is a sneaky plugin (much like the flash player, shockwave player, etc plugins) for IE that installs normally without you knowing and then does things to play with your mind. Like........... throw up pages that you weren't looking for, you type 1 address in and it goes to another and so on. Search for, download, install and run hijackthis. save the log and post it on here. I will instruct from there ;)
How? I been to control panel & automatic updates & can't see how to do it. If i try running updates via Firefox it tells me to use IE.