Ceramic and Induction cooker hobs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppy

Reaction score
Hi, i have been asked to fit a ceramic hob or induction hob, my friend is unsure which type they will buy yet. Not sure if it is going to be a new oven as well.

Anyway, was just wondering is there anything i should know before fitting this, this will be the first cooker / hob i have done. (i know it is notifiable).

What are the typical power ratings of such hobs / cookers.

I am just after a 'heads up', as av mentioned previously, i don't do hardly any domestic work (work for a commercial company).

Cheers guys

Craig

Cheers Andy.

Can I also check, for example, 6mm to cooker point / switch, then 6mm to cokker outlet point, then would i use 6mm to wire straight into the hob, or do they usually have a flex.

Also if it is a new oven, how would i connect this up, would you wire this straight into the cooker outlet also, as i know they normally have a flex, but am sure i have seen some with a plug top, so would you spur off the cooker outlet to a socket to plug in oven. If so what size cable would you use for this?

sorry if i seem a bit dumb or i am way off here, like i said this is the first cooker i have done and iam a perfectionist (can't help it).

Don't get any opportunity in work to do domestic stuff, but the guy i work with said, never knock work back as the more you do the more you learn, he advised but if unsure always ask, so i am asking for the wise words of the forum.

Sorry to go on just wanted to explain a bit.

Thanks again Andy.

Craig

With the oven I normally use HR flex size dependant upon oven rating. If low wattage then a fused flex outlet as not always a lot of room for plug tops. Click do a double outlet plate which may be of use, I'v never used one so not sure what they are like. Hope this helps

just check with client that there sausepans ect. will work on the hob of there choice ie don,t think glass /alu will work on an induction hob

yours benji