best free online advertising?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meady

Reaction score
Im just in the process of trying to promote my electrical buisness and website. I have placed several ads locally in papers and done door to door buisness card drops. I have built a website to boost my buisness and im looking for ways to create more traffic to the site. I have done the usual stuff, google local, google maps, links from other sites and blogspots etc. Im just wondering if there are other ways to advertise my buisness and website? Any suggestions?

http://www.mead-electrical.co.uk/

are you running google analytics on your web site to see where traffic is coming from?

ie direct, redircted or search etc.

might be worth getting that up and running, also the google web masters tools used correctly will give you some brilliant results.

Ive actualy got my self onto the first page of google just using good content on my website. (obviously depends on the search string)

Im just in the process of trying to promote my electrical buisness and website. I have placed several ads locally in papers and done door to door buisness card drops. I have built a website to boost my buisness and im looking for ways to create more traffic to the site. I have done the usual stuff, google local, google maps, links from other sites and blogspots etc. Im just wondering if there are other ways to advertise my buisness and website? Any suggestions?http://www.mead-electrical.co.uk/
Can I make a friendly comment on your website?

Yeah go on the pach....but remember I'm no website designer lol

Just looked at the website, ideally could do with a bit of re designing, i know ure not a website designer, but worth finding some one who could get you a reasonable site up and running, it does make all the difference when people view it.

Yeah noted DL-EAS, I'm very limited with my cash flow at the moment due to setting up costs i.e tools, van, elecsa etc but once I'm breaking even I'm planning on getting a complete overhaul by a pro.

Would you say it's more of a layout problem or content problem? Or both come to think of it?

Yeah go on the pach....but remember I'm no website designer lol
I really don't like only a mobile number and no address. I'd worry that you'd take my money and run!

I also do wonder if your pic of a CU change could be more radical. An old re-wireable board changed for a nice fancy one. To Joe Public looks similar from start to end!

Obviously list on here!

Good point patch, I have some other pics I will use. I will stick my address on there but the missus won't let me use the home number cos she is affraid of advertising calls and time wasters ringing all the time. Would you happen to know how much a 0800 number costs per month?