wet rooms

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
whats the take on wet rooms? are they classed as a location with a shower or bath? or is it more indepth as potentialy anything in the room has the potential to get wet?

Thanks

You need to look in the BRB or the Onsite Guide to get the zones they are differant if you do not have a shower tray. hope this helps CJS

just found a little bit about it in the BRB thanks.

In a room with a shower without a basin zones 0 and 1 are 1.2m from the water outlet. It doesn't state but i presume any further than that is an outside zone.

just found a little bit about it in the BRB thanks. In a room with a shower without a basin zones 0 and 1 are 1.2m from the water outlet. It doesn't state but i presume any further than that is an outside zone.
dont forget zone 2

edit: wrong info

looking at pg168 diagram (e)

There is no zone 2 shown??

cheers, just wanted to confirm it all :)

I did think it was a bit odd, but if it says it then thats how it must be.

On the same theme, I heard recently that a Contractor had installed a Bathroom type Downflow Heater outside of Zone 1 adjacent to a Wet room area as part of a Disabled Persons Bathroom conversions.Contract ...A different Company [NICEIC Members] were contracted to Inspect & Test the instalation when finished, and they refused to pass the job citing extraneous influences on the heater due to the shower head being on a flexible hose...they said the hose could inadvertantly direct water spray onto the heater. The Contractor complained to the NICEIC {NICEIC Knockers can now shout "Who do they think they are ?}. The NICEIC Regional Engineer confirmed the Heater installation did not comply with BS 7671 2008.

Sorry about the long story but it was to illustrate that although equipment is outside of a zone it still may require Ingress Protection i.e. other sections of the Regs are still applicable.