CU change

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
Right I've got a cu change on the way. From old rewireable to new 17ed split rcd board.

I've never fitted a split rcd one before so how do you split the circuits? Is it just to avoid distruption I.E. sockets down and lights up on same side?

Also I'm going to be using this for my first elecsa assesment as I've also got to put a new circuit in for a shower. Do I need to do anything, notify anyone, or can i rely on passing my assesment.

Finaly as its for my assesment I want to make sure I'm spot on with everything. Am i allowed to knock out the entry points that i will be using on the bottom and top of the cu? or would this contradict IP4x, IP2x etc.

split them the best you can. if you have a 2 lighting and 2 sockets, have a up skt & down light on one side, up lit/down skt on other. just split the best you can, but at times the best you can do is sockets on one side, lighting on other (if only 1 circuit for each). Any gaps should be filled with liquid trunking. or you could put a bit of 50x50 or 100x50 where cables enter to maintain IP rating

legally, you 'should' notify LABC in advance. from previous stories, LABC may waive fee if its for assessment, or, wait until after assessment and notify (not that ive done anything like that.....)

HI there

on the wylex web site there is a download on there 17th cu it shows

different ways to connect the cu including rcbo s circuits

moose man

another question, in 17th ed there cable identification. On 3phase I do 1/L1 1/L2 etc,

what do you guys do on single? C1, C2? etc

To maintain the ip rating of c/u's I normally fit some 50x50 trunking above the c/u and either drill or cut away the bottom of the trunking to allow the cables to go stright into the c/u.