air miles

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a shell airmiles card. i normally use 60ltr of diesel per week, although depending what im doing it can often be 2-300ltr or more per week

so far after about 6 month, i dont even have enough miles to get from newcastle airport to tees-side airport. which is only 40 miles away! and on the map of zones of how many miles i need to get to different places, i need 10,000 miles to get to australia. now unless i start using a boeing 747 and filling that up weekly at the local shell, its going to take another 172 years, and then i still need to pay for a return flight home!

Sounds like a waste of time Andy, any way Petrol/diesel will have run out before you get enough air miles . Dump Shell and try ASDA if there is one ,usually cheaper.

Think its 99p /ltr at the moment.

Probably better using your tesco clubcard and doubling the vouchers up to get airmiles

I work on the price per litre as some garages charge less then say tesco but tesco give points.

morrisons usually cheapest by up to 2p per litre so 2p in the pocket better than 0.1 pence on the loyalty card.

I do claim fuel back from the company but at 55 litres per fill it means usually

Sounds like a waste of time Andy, any way Petrol/diesel will have run out before you get enough air miles . Dump Shell and try ASDA if there is one ,usually cheaper.Think its 99p /ltr at the moment.
101.9p per litre by me for both petrol and diesel