Electricfix! Anygood or not?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meady

Reaction score
Just ordered my catalouge from electricfix....just wanted to know if the prices can compete with trade wholesalers or is it roughly the same prices as screwfix?

i have been using electifix a lot recently.... mind you our nearest wholesaler was CEF so some things are about 60% cheaper with elecricfix.

how is everyone else finding them?

this is an old thread!

ive used them once in the past. mostly stocking up on small stuff, so loads of item/various quantity. good service, quick delivery, and not one mistake or broken pattress

yes it is an old thread... i was going to ask what people thought of them, started writing the thread and the nice new search thing came up and showed me that the was already a subject on this...

Well done Admin .... impressed!

Just remember to add the VAT, the prices shown unlike Screwfix are not VAT inclusive. When you add it on the prices are not that much less although I think items such as consumer units are quite a bit lower than Screwfix.

cable and consumer units are really the only thing i dont buy from electrix... to expensive although the boards are nice!

an example of how much our local CEF charges in comparison, i went and got a centrafugal fan from cef and when i got the bill they have had my pants down for

I ditched CEF a long time ago, too damn pushy, phoning me every day and wanting to visit me all the time, plus as you say way too pricey sometimes. Denmans mainly, Electric Center sometimes and 2 small town wholesalers.

I find Electrifix quite expensive, or did last time I looked, but I don;t use CEF!

Screwfix do by default show you prices incl. VAT, but you can change that to excl. VAT default and also get an excl. VAT catalogue. I tend to knock up spreadsheets for comparing a few items from here and there so it's easy enough either way when there's a few items.

Some of the prices aren't bad, however some are the same or even more than regular screwfix if its on offer in screwfix. I used them for a bit but found it was a pain only being able to get stuff delivered as wanted to be able to go pick it up due to someone having to be available to receive order. I did say on phone about making stuff available to pick up from local screwfix shop after ordering and paying through electricfix, they told me this is already being done with plumbfix but not for us but they may look into it if enough people ask.

i got a leaflet sent through from them offering 8way wylex rcd boards for

Had a problem with an RCBO before Xmas, on the phone to Electricfix and they sent a replacement which was with me the next morning. No quibble

Latest posts