new builds... plasterers are *******

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dane

lets see..

is it just me this happens to???

Spot the light switch

Picture 1

only just there still....

Picture 2

Spot the light switch game again :)

Picture 3

FOUND IT.... ******s

Picture 4

Picture 5

another "spot" this time the light fitting cable that was left hanging down!!!

picture 7

SOME plasterers need to start and bloody be reasonable. or il take hammer to it next time!

i have had the same thing today... had to try and find them, not very happy as now the customer think i am **** as there is a bit of patching to do~!!

last job i done, i made a note of measurements to every downlight. gets there for second fix, and one hole is there. fortunately, all measurements found where they should have been and were within 20mm... all sockets/switches plastered over, but still visible. on most jobs the plasterer has to return to make good the holes ive made whilst trying to find stuff thats been lost... and they still dont get the hint

typed 7 instead of 6 haha sorry guys... no filth there.

Andy ive got all measurements, so not a problem, i got pictures before, measurements for every room, same for switchs got notes for where they all are,

but it sure is a **** take

The plasterer wont be returning... hes told him no more work for taking ****

the best one, no picture yet...

All CU cables were cut down by plastered and tucked into friggin wall.

All CU cables were cut down by plastered and tucked into friggin wall.
even if they are long enough, you can guarantee there wont be any markings on them

If any plasterer done that to me, they would be gettin an invoice for extending each cables and ID'ing them

even if they are long enough, you can guarantee there wont be any markings on themIf any plasterer done that to me, they would be gettin an invoice for extending each cables and ID'ing them
i always leave 24" out of wall, bit much but "just incase"

they have been shortened to 12" so i MAY get away with it.

All tags, i put right up 2" from wall so there still there thank god

What you describe and what I have seen from the pictures is just normal practice I am afraid.

I once did a job where the walls where re done in mortar than plastered over.

The only way I found any of my cables and backboxes was because I always use the same measurements for heights and record kitchen designs etc.

My apprentice can pull cables out of 80mm of plaster without a scratch on the sheaths, thats how often we have to do it.

Calm down fellas not all plasterers are ******* I'm a plasterer and most sparkys say tuck the cable up for spots and they cut them out after, theres no point me cutting the holes cus I haven't got the drawings, I don't know where they go. I know 1 plasterer if he doesn't get on with the sparky he cuts cables and fills boxes, he's a d**k.

Calm down fellas not all plasterers are ******* I'm a plasterer and most sparkys say tuck the cable up for spots and they cut them out after, theres no point me cutting the holes cus I haven't got the drawings, I don't know where they go. I know 1 plasterer if he doesn't get on with the sparky he cuts cables and fills boxes, he's a d**k.
No he's a wa...er.

;)

So tell me..

what is hard about cutting around the plaster board where sockets and stuff are? there are 7 ive got to do like this... they have 25mm box's on so shouldnt be an issue!!! but no instead, then moved the plaster board further away from wall to go STRAIT OVER THEM

Normal practice, so its normal practice for a plasterer to full the whole back box with skimmin compound? not just upto it and leave a little hole showing? These are the first plasterers that have ever done this, all the others have been sound and no problems at all

The plasterer wont like my self today and the site forman/owner.. as the words were

"if you damage anything, he pays (hes not been paid yet)" :)

As was said already this is normal stuff

I like to clean my own boxes out because the plasters normally damages the lugs

I wouldn't go ****ging other trades off to anyone because you may be on another job with that bloke and he could make your life hell, and also its not professional (have a quite word in his ear works)

As was said already this is normal stuff I like to clean my own boxes out because the plasters normally damages the lugs

I wouldn't go ****ging other trades off to anyone because you may be on another job with that bloke and he could make your life hell, and also its not professional (have a quite word in his ear works)
He is the FIRST plasterer i have come across that thinks its wise to FILL the boxs behind cable, cake them in completely.

So its not really common and normal stuff.

Not ****gnig a trade off at all... im showing pictures of what a mess a plasterer has made

Is it also common practise and "normal stuff" then to cut cables?

plaster board STRAIT OVER sockets? yes PLASTER BOARD thats a 25mm box on the wall... and board strait over it. 25mm dot and dab? Since when? last i knew it was on average 12 - 15mm not 25mm lol

As was said already this is normal stuff I like to clean my own boxes out because the plasters normally damages the lugs

I always put some Insulation tape over/around them.

The size of the dabs depend on the condition of the wall. If the walls out then the dabs need to be bigger to get the boards straight. A 25mm dab is fine in fact fairly standard.

The size of the dabs depend on the condition of the wall. If the walls out then the dabs need to be bigger to get the boards straight. A 25mm dab is fine in fact fairly standard.
new build.. walls are spot on from my measurements and joiners measurements.