DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Driving In Earth Rods With SDS Drill?

Riggy

Question

58 Caravan Hook Up boxes needing earth rods (changing to PME supply), did 15 today, bored witless!

As I'm a lazy sod, thought I could make an adapter to use SDS drill with rotation stop to drive them in - basically cut the end off an old sds bit and weld an M16 bolt onto it.

What does anyone think? Will it work? Has anyone doe it before? Am I a genius? Am I an idiot?

15 answers to this question

ive been going to use the next chasing bit that snaps (half way down like where they normally break). plan was to drill a hole into it so rod would fit

since that plan, ive never snapped a chasing bit!

also make it a somewhat loose fit between rod and adapter too, since my cordless doesnt have roto stop. save getting other cordless out

but i dont see any reason why it wont work. and it should make it easier in a tight space, like under a floor between a board youve lifted

and dont you mean changing from PME?

and dont you mean changing from PME?

Thanks Andy, incoming supply to site changing to PME so changing supply to each hook up to TT - if you get me. headbang

also make it a somewhat loose fit between rod and adapter too, since my cordless doesnt have roto stop. save getting other cordless out

Just cottoned on to what you meant there - how about 20mm steel conduit (16mm ish bore) welded onto an old bit - that way I can use my cordless sds with no rota stopApplaud Smiley

What does anyone think? Will it work? Has anyone doe it before? Am I a genius? Am I an idiot?

You are probably both, Riggy, like the rest of us.

I've seen an adaptor advertised somewhere , to fit SDS I cannot , of course , remember where.

Deke

This man is a genius !!! But cor blimey Guv

This man is a genius !!! But cor blimey Guv

Brilliant, you've sorted the size, now if you could work one the price?;)

Brilliant, you've sorted the size, now if you could work one the price?;)

:^O:^O:^O:^O:coat

Archived