DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

10.8kw showers

sellers

Question

whats the deal with them, why do you need such a high powered shower?

Going to do a job this weekend and the customer has already bought the shower. I'm wiring it and a new cu change. Surely this is going to take a 50amp mcb 10800/230= 46.9A will a 10mm T+E manage this located in a wall.

6 answers to this question

matt.leung

ur gonna have fun this weekend.. good luck mate..

Revved Up Sparky
whats the deal with them, why do you need such a high powered shower?

Going to do a job this weekend and the customer has already bought the shower. I'm wiring it and a new cu change. Surely this is going to take a 50amp mcb 10800/230= 46.9A will a 10mm T+E manage this located in a wall.

I cannot remember the correction factors from memory but I think that a 10mm T&E will be fine protected by a 50A MCB on an RCD protected board.

You could always run 16mm T&E if you're still worried but I think you would have a nervous breakdown trying to wire the pull cord isolation switch with 16mm ends !. 10mm is fiddly enough !.

I cannot remember the correction factors from memory but I think that a 10mm T&E will be fine protected by a 50A MCB on an RCD protected board.

You could always run 16mm T&E if you're still worried but I think you would have a nervous breakdown trying to wire the pull cord isolation switch with 16mm ends !. 10mm is fiddly enough !.

Crabtree pullswitch but 10mm should be adequate unless its a mansion or heavily insulated

green-hornet

Those crabtree pull switches are brilliant, and so easy to terminate 10mm cable into.

Andy™

unless its got a long run or lots of insulation, 10mm

Archived