10.8kw showers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
whats the deal with them, why do you need such a high powered shower?

Going to do a job this weekend and the customer has already bought the shower. I'm wiring it and a new cu change. Surely this is going to take a 50amp mcb 10800/230= 46.9A will a 10mm T+E manage this located in a wall.

whats the deal with them, why do you need such a high powered shower? Going to do a job this weekend and the customer has already bought the shower. I'm wiring it and a new cu change. Surely this is going to take a 50amp mcb 10800/230= 46.9A will a 10mm T+E manage this located in a wall.
I cannot remember the correction factors from memory but I think that a 10mm T&E will be fine protected by a 50A MCB on an RCD protected board.

You could always run 16mm T&E if you're still worried but I think you would have a nervous breakdown trying to wire the pull cord isolation switch with 16mm ends !. 10mm is fiddly enough !.

I cannot remember the correction factors from memory but I think that a 10mm T&E will be fine protected by a 50A MCB on an RCD protected board.You could always run 16mm T&E if you're still worried but I think you would have a nervous breakdown trying to wire the pull cord isolation switch with 16mm ends !. 10mm is fiddly enough !.
Crabtree pullswitch but 10mm should be adequate unless its a mansion or heavily insulated

Those crabtree pull switches are brilliant, and so easy to terminate 10mm cable into.