NAPIT Assessment first time

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamada

Reaction score
i had my first a NAPIT assssemt today, every thing wnt good.

He had a coomment as i did 2 minor circuits, 1 spur double socket in the back yard and and an etra lighiting  which switches with an existing light.

Once he knew that it is two minor, he told m that i will continue th assssment and leav decision to his manager.

we did all the tests, then he said you should pass but will see

if you need to pay and do assessment again

or

no payment and do another assssment

or 

do your crtificate as an installer and no EIRC even i passed all the tests

or

failure cuz of minor works

thank you

i would like to listen to your openions please

The only words to add to Kerching's accurate and full evaluation..

IS...  

If this is seriously allowed as a sensible level of work for an assessment...

Then all it proves is that the assessment counts for absolutely nothing...

And Napit are just after the money..  no interest in raising industry standards at all!!!     :C

Not worth the paper is written on / or the USB stick it is saved on / or the energy used to transmit the PDF file e-mail attachment..

"Dumbing-down" doesn't even scratch the surface of what is happening if a couple of MWC's can be used as a valid level of assessment!!   :shakehead

This really does sound like an April-Fools wind-up!!!

:eek:

I remember sweating before my first assessment but In all honesty I think the only way you'd fail an assessment is if you took out the live tails and started chewing on them, it was a breeze.

I'm sure all the bodies are the same but so long as you have the required insurances and the all important method of payment that's all they're really interested in. 

Years ago when you had just the two main bodies, NICEIC and ECA the assessments were pretty strict and they wouldn't hesitate a refusal. I knew of two contractors in my area who were removed from membership for non-compliances and although this does still happen I suspect competition between the bodies has reduced this.

One of the biggest cons has to be Safe Contractor which unfortunately many of our clients request, never once have we been assessed you just show evidence of some risk assessments and you are in alongside a ridiculous fee.

Last edited by a moderator: