advertising budget

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktguk

Reaction score
hi, i`m thinking of going self employed, how much would u say id need to pump into advertising and where papers, yellow pages etc

also how do i go about the nic, do i have to do jobs first then line them up to be cert`d e.g. if customer asks for a minor or say completion, what do u do?

Its your call how much you pump into advertising, but you will need to gauge what return you get.

Be careful not to get sucked in by scam artists, companies they call you day after day when you set up in business to offer you a space on their calander etc, etc.

Take a look for free advertising such as Yellow Pages and Thompson Local etc, you can normally have a free line of text etc in their books and online.

Best business is word of mouth and some flyers to pop out in your local area can be a cheaper option?

As for the NIC, sorry can't comment on them as I am a NAPIT member but its probably best to call all the schemes and get all the information about joining and see whats best for your business.

And you are very Welcome to list your business in our "Online Directory" too, COMPLETELY FREE ! Click Here

hows napit, heard stories of ppl losing out because insurance companys only want nic etc etc, have been looking into napit quite abit cheaper and when every penny counts

Hi , ktguk you'll find for domestic work any of the scam providers will do , they are all legally acceptable under Part bleedin' P . In the commercial/industrial sector however many insurance companies will only accept certs and PIRs etc from NICEIC outfits . I've come across this four times now and they won't be moved on it.

NAPITT , ELECSA, ECA, BS etc. means nothing to them.

Deke

any of the providers let u be employed, so can sign off but ease myself into being self employed

Hi , ktguk you'll find for domestic work any of the scam providers will do , they are all legally acceptable under Part bleedin' P . In the commercial/industrial sector however many insurance companies will only accept certs and PIRs etc from NICEIC outfits . I've come across this four times now and they won't be moved on it. NAPITT , ELECSA, ECA, BS etc. means nothing to them.

Deke
elecsa is domestic only anyway

hows napit, heard stories of ppl losing out because insurance companys only want nic etc etc, have been looking into napit quite abit cheaper and when every penny counts
Been with NAPIT for a few years (full scope) and never had any problems with any certs being refused.