jacuzzi bath supply

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikel

Reaction score
Tomorrows job is to provide a power supply for a jacuzzi bath that a plumber has already fitted. He has removed an electric shower to do so but the circuit for the shower is still there, terminated at a 45a a switch on the outside of the bathroom. The plumbers suggested I can use this to feed the bath as its redundant for the shower. He wants the connections to be under the bath which will have a panel on the side which can only be removed by the use of a tool so under the bath will be out of the 'zones'. My question is do I make the connections with a fused connection unit or a plug and socket connection. The bath only needs a 5a supply.

If you put a plug down there there's nothing to stop a future numpty plugging in a portable TV. The bath isn't portable so I vote FCU 100%

:D

I agree totally with Apache on this one.

I have fitted a few of these and all instructions I have read have required a fused spur outlet (outside) the zones.

The connections under the bath I do with an adaptable box, it gives better IP ratings than a JB and can not be mistaken for anything else, especially with a warning label stuck to it, for isolation and testing.

Thank you boys, fitted fcu to wall outside bathroom, able to connect jacuzzi via under bath and into rear of fcu. fed it from redundant shower feed, relabelled consumer unit, tested certs issued and labc notification done via niceic, job done:D

Latest posts