Bill Talisman Plus

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is definitely Plus then Memshield 2 are compatible. If it is just Talisman then Memshield 1 but they are no lo get available as a new product.

Memshield 2 which are still available under Eaton will fit. Bill and MEM merged and Talisman Plus and Memshield 2 are essentially the same thing.

Did you try the new Eaton type often called Memshield 3 but rebranded Eaton or a Memshield 2 Eaton type, confusing but MEM quit Memshield 2 production but reintroduced it under the Eaton brand. Must admit I have seen Talisman Plus in Memshield 2 and there can be some one way compatibility with MEM like Memera 2000 do not fit Memshield 2 due to busbar width but Memshield 2 fit Memera 2000 but I thought Memera 2 and Talisman Plus were identical. Memshield 1 and Talisman have complete compatibility. 

If you are ever unsure and internet forums can sometimes shoot up the wrong tree then contact Eaton or Willrose Electrical who know the ins and outs of nearly all protective device brands, don't necessarily take my word for it😁

Last edited by a moderator:
What rating do you need steps ? Got a few MEM2 breakers laying around the garage.

As Fleeting says, same ranges across Bill/MEM just badged differently, same with the mccbs i.e. MEM MGL = Bill TLG and MFL = TLF, etc

I always just thought Eaton fitted, 

Perfect match for height etc, 

Just the width of the busbar, almost the width of the MCB tbh, 

Looking at those pics @kerching none of those will fit, 

I'll take a spare Plus MCB to chitty factors and see what they have. 

Yeah thats MEM3 which doesn't fit , the MEM2 as posted by kerch are compatable (and depending on when it was made, might also be badged as eaton as seen in my picture!)

Is it a C10 you are looking for?

I need a few different ones, and some RCBOs as well.  

The RCBOs on MEM2 were often by a field fit pod that clipped onto the MCBs, still available, but expensive!!

https://www.edwardes.co.uk/products/eaton-mem-mr30-30ma-rcd-memshield-2-add-on-pod-requires-mem-sp-mcb-?gclid=CjwKCAjwuvmHBhAxEiwAWAYj-P1rUP84819Kn1t-wO4XpUlbw_Pjn5R83sVtSWCr2RbSzm5ODbKarRoCf8MQAvD_BwE

Actually MCBs also available new, but at between 20-25 for a single pole device, not cheap https://www.edwardes.co.uk/products/eaton-mem-mch110-10amp-1-pole-type-c-10ka-memshield-2-mcb

Had seen those, 

Be cheaper fitting a new board, which I don't understand why they are so adamant they don't want to, 

I'm just a subby on this job, so it's their call on keeping existing board and me trying to get something compatible. 

I'm failing to see the problem. The board is perfectly serviceable and protective devices along with rcbo pods are readily available.