Farm electrics

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My job today was disconnect the old feed from the farm barn supply to the farmhouse, which has been sold and now has it's own new supply.

This is what greeted me:

Farm1.jpg

Farm2.jpg

Clearly the 3 phase board has had a major fire, recently I would say.  The "solution" was fit the single phase CU with all circuits fed from that, just extended with choc blocks inside the old burnt out 3 phase board.

Glad I have not been asked to do an EICR on this mess.

I have never understood wrapping block connectors with insulation tape.

Cut your arms on them cable tie ends as well, when I was an apprentice many years ago we had to cut them flush and file them smooth.

Cut your arms on them cable tie ends as well, when I was an apprentice many years ago we had to cut them flush and file them smooth.
Despite being a cute cuddly kitten type of a person, I do have a couple of dislikes. I know it's hard to comprehend, deal with it!

1). Cable tie ends not cut off

2). Abandoned cable ties on lampposts etc.....I often wonder how many billions there must be

there are a couple of other minor issues that irk me, maybe I should make a list?