Silly questions !!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see one or two guys saying " excuse my silly question" or "this may sound stupid but...." Well there are no silly questions , just ask 'em , none of us know everthing ( 'cept Specs, of course but then he gives some of the best answers;) ) Its the only way to find out.

I was an apprentice with a very big contractor when almost every sparky had an apprentice with him, I used to ask about things I didn't understand at breaktimes. I'd see some of the other kids sniggering , pretending that they knew all about it, but when the one of the sparks was explaining it they were all ears .

Met two of the sniggerers in later life, both of 'em Prairie Hats !!!

Deke

I agree, its the only way to learn anything.

If you do not ask it implies you know, and thats when know it alls come unstuck!

I see one or two guys saying " excuse my silly question" or "this may sound stupid but...." Well there are no silly questions , just ask 'em , none of us know everthing ( 'cept Specs, of course but then he gives some of the best answers;) ) Its the only way to find out.I was an apprentice with a very big contractor when almost every sparky had an apprentice with him, I used to ask about things I didn't understand at breaktimes. I'd see some of the other kids sniggering , pretending that they knew all about it, but when the one of the sparks was explaining it they were all ears .

Met two of the sniggerers in later life, both of 'em Prairie Hats !!!

Deke
well said Deke

The only thing that is stoopid is trying to do something and f@{&%^$ up afterwards due to limited or even no knowledge.

I have never been afraid to ask even more so in later life , that is what makes this forum the best .. :)