fasta fix boxes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derek13

Reaction score
been putting a light in today, have to say placing a single fasta fix box was hard work but through my own fault i placed it at the side of an existing switch which left me with the problem of hitting the noggin on the other side of where the original switch is placed anyone had these problems and how to get around them?? obviously i didnt move the switch far enough past the noggin:_| :_|

For older Forum members, would that be Noggin the Nog? :D

cut the flange off and screw the box to the side of the nogging
I agree this is the only way to do it sometimes.

I was around when Noggin the nogg was on but far too young to remember it(cough)

Damn I spelt it right now its been blownROTFWL

Do you mean dry line box???Surely if you cut the "flange" off then you have nothing to attach the switch to on one side..

I drill a bit of the stud out [very carefully]
Noz - if you recess into the noggin then you could screw directly into that?

if you cut the flange off a dry liner, you can then hold into place and put a screw through plastic into the wood. either make a small hole first, or go at it with a cordless screwdriver & screw

Sorry I'm far too young to remember Noggin the Nogg .Was he before Fireball XL5 or after Thunderbirds are Go ?
Well before either. I think it was in b & w & & about the same time as Capt. Pugwash.

When you cut the "flange" off, you are still left with the screw entry for the plate switch.

You are only cutting off the part that clamps the plasterboard, you leave a small amount behind so that the screw will clamp.

The box is screwed to the noggin and hols it secure on that side whilst the other side is clamped by the normal procedure.

After them & The Woodtops, Picture Book & even Muffin the Mule. Weren't things more innocent in those days?

Yes they certainly were , I wonder which is best sometimes. Kids don't seem to be given time to be children these days.

Cor blimey !! you must be as ancient as me. You'll be saying you watched Roy Rogers & Trigger at the Saturday morning cinema next.

Yes they certainly were , I wonder which is best sometimes. Kids don't seem to be given time to be children these days.Cor blimey !! you must be as ancient as me. You'll be saying you watched Roy Rogers & Trigger at the Saturday morning cinema next.
Hopalong Cassidy, Ivanhoe with Roger Moore, Torchy, Twizzle.