DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Distant Learning - C&G 2330 North East area?

tom79

Hi,

A quick question, anyone know of a distant learning c&g course ran by someone located in the North East?

I know Bridgewater do one but it is quite far, and yes, it is distant learning but, I would prefer not to travel that far for exams and it would be nice to be able to pop in now and again.

My local college do a 2 evening a week option but I am unable to do this (work)

So my only option is distant learning, I have worked in the trade for a couple of years (not now currently) so i think open learning will be fine for me, well it is my only option to be fair!

Cheers

'distance learning' is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

cant think of anywhere in this area either

'distance learning' is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

cant think of anywhere in this area either

I am not sure myself it is useless.

I can not afford personaly to take the time out of work to study, but I would agree distant learning is rubbish if you do not also gain relavent experiance.

I that to be employable you need to not only have the c&g 2330 but also a length of service also which for most naturaly happens while you study, but I can not see any reason why the study can not be done at home at least for level 2. Long as I gain some experiance also I can only see it a step in the right direction, its not perfect but it is the best I can make from my personal situation.

Cheers

I am not sure myself it is useless.

I can not afford personaly to take the time out of work to study, but I would agree distant learning is rubbish if you do not also gain relavent experiance.

I that to be employable you need to not only have the c&g 2330 but also a length of service also which for most naturaly happens while you study, but I can not see any reason why the study can not be done at home at least for level 2. Long as I gain some experiance also I can only see it a step in the right direction, its not perfect but it is the best I can make from my personal situation.

Cheers

if you do go with distanc learning, what practical experience do you plan to try and get?

Well, I was working as a Mate for just under 2 years, I plan to do this again but as I will be taking a pay cut I really need to work a full week.

The experiance I gained as a mate was quite varied, I was working with a 45 year time served spark, he was like yoda!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

A quick question, anyone know of a distant learning c&g course ran by someone located in the North East?

I know Bridgewater do one but it is quite far, and yes, it is distant learning but, I would prefer not to travel that far for exams and it would be nice to be able to pop in now and again.

My local college do a 2 evening a week option but I am unable to do this (work)

So my only option is distant learning, I have worked in the trade for a couple of years (not now currently) so i think open learning will be fine for me, well it is my only option to be fair!

Cheers

OLCI have a centre in Newcastle

I did my C&G 2330 level 2 and 3 with them and half way through my NVQ. I did my training whilst working in Telecoms 4 days on 4 days off , I also picked up some domestic experience during this time , I went into the C&G 2330 level 2 with a HNC in Electronic and Electrical engineering so the theory was straight forward it was the practical stuff however just practice practice and practice and it becomes easier, I reckon understanding electricity is the hard part.

Archived