need advice please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrishornby

Reaction score
Hello again...

I'm fitting a sound limiter which has a contactor which cuts the power to the sound rig. The rig is on a 60A mcb, straight from the board to a commando socket in 16mm. Usually this contactor cuts power to sockets which is fine but in this case I'm confused.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

then put contactor on feed cable. but are you sure its a good idea to put it on the feed? id imagine the electronics inside wont like being turned off like that often

Sorry Andy, didn't explain properly, just re-read. Sound limiter comes with a pre-assembled contactor with the electronics in but it is 32amp normally fine when i just need to control the sockets. Obviously much different now with the 60A mcb and 16mm cable.

Can you help?

ok, did think of changing the contactor but this unit has a 32amp fuse(looks like a mcb) next to the contactor. Do I need a fuse for the 60amp contactor and secondly will 16mm cable fit into a 60amp contactor. It won't in the contactor unit supplied.

Cool, thanks.I'll probably modify then. The one I'm looking at takes upto 25mm. Does 4 pole make a difference, can I use it as a 2 pole?