[No title]

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate Lloyds, when I have enough money to cover the bills i'm closing the account. They have charged me for so much so often. I have it all documented and cant wait for the day I leave straight to court!

ask them about there online and texting, i get texts everyday with my details of both business and private accounts with amounts etc so i know exactly were i am at all times

When I was young and stupid, I use to have charges every month, some about

I have been with Abbey :x for over 20 years (personal account) and 9 years (business account). No major complaints about either. Like Mcgaw81 I have no intention of changing. Being part of Banco Santander, Abbey seem to be significantly more stable than many other banks. I keep my business account in credit and there are no charges for any transactions.

I have also had experience with Barclays (its international high-street nature being more useful than Abbey when Mrs Pyro and I were overseas for 3 years). Not overly impressed with either their UK or overseas operations.... or their charges.

I spent a time with NatWest in the mid-1980s and have some pretty strong views of this bank; none nice or complimentary. X( headbang

I'm not going to repeat previously made comments on the logos of banks and how they relate to business practices.

Pyro.

ask them about there online and texting, i get texts everyday with my details of both business and private accounts with amounts etc so i know exactly were i am at all times
As JL said Lloyds can set you a text service up where you get your balance sent least once a week, a warning if your close to your account limit and a text if you go over. If you pay the amount you go over by 3pm that day there is no charge for going over.

I'm now with Abbey after kicking Barclays in to touch & all is going well so far.

also i have a platinum account, 15 pound a month gives me a free 250 pound over draft. mobile phone insurance free for 2 phones, free AA etc .. etc etc