pricing???????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicks electrix

Reaction score
Hi all,

i have been asked to price a job which includes fitting a ring main which is about 3m from the board. Look at4 spotlights which dont work. as i am new to the pricing system i dont know what to charge. I was thinking around

The ring would be around 10m from the board and back to, i would have to lift the carpet and floorboards for the ring.The 4 spotlights works in a line with another 6. The other 6 are working so could just be the link from the last working one to the first non-working one. i would have to do it on a Sunday when the shop is closed. And then test and inspect and issue certificates. All access looks easy.

The ring would be around 10m from the board and back to, i would have to lift the carpet and floorboards for the ring.The 4 spotlights works in a line with another 6. The other 6 are working so could just be the link from the last working one to the first non-working one. i would have to do it on a Sunday when the shop is closed. And then test and inspect and issue certificates. All access looks easy.
so is there 2 sockets on this ring main, or 40? are they being chased or surface?

Pricing is always subjective.

You have to know your overheads, material costs, and labour.

I could do the job for