how much would you charge...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
hi there i have only just started out and still getting used to pricing.

Got a call at about 4:00pm on friday from a builder, they had been digging with the JCB and had go through SWA cable and needed me to fix it.

whent stright out to them and it took took me 2 1/2 hours inc travel ... plus 2 resin joint kits and 1m of cable (about

If you are happy with that then its ok.

It would be cheap for an emergency repair, however you may get continual work which could pay better dividends later on.

I charged a similar job where I used a length of 1.5 cable with only one joint at

think i will load it up a bit more, i guess i am just trying to not make it too expensive that he will not use me again but enough that i am not cheap.

thats why i wanted to know what the norm was.

do people charge more for call outs? i have just got a hourly rate, and havent thought about call our charges.

Danny pricing is always subjective.

It would be easy for me to sit here and say I would charge

Danny.

For Emergency call outs always state your charges up front, saves any embarrasement or hassle later. If they agree then thats fine and you will feel better whilst doing the job knowing your going to be paid the amount you require. If they dont agree then you put your feet up and have a cup of tea instead .orGuiness Drink