blue screen of death

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im now gettin a blue screen when trying to start computer

i get

0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0x00000296, 0xf789E498, 0xF789E194)

but i dont get the message if starting in safe mode, starts up no problem there

any idea's?

0x0000007E seems to be failure of something, but if it was, then i doubt it would start in safe mode?

I don't know much about computers but if you do a search with with those numbers quite a few things come up and you can download a repair tool.

Batty

i did a quick google, but kinda have limited access. i didnt come accross the link you have there, ill have a go at that next. some of the other fixes on the MS website dont work, they go on about files there arent there (it was for intel processors). busy waiting for bullguard to do its thing first, so far its been scanning for 90 minutes and found 24 infections. im hoping one of those is the problem

just about everything is back to normal now. bullguard removed a few infections, and it now starts without blue screen. firefox is slightly slower than normal (but its probably bullguard causing it now), but no where near as bad as it was

just about everything is back to normal now. bullguard removed a few infections, and it now starts without blue screen. firefox is slightly slower than normal (but its probably bullguard causing it now), but no where near as bad as it was
What speed/ram is your PC Andy?

Don

I find that crap cleaner works and spybot search and destroy both are free programs that help to keep your pc "cleaner".

Andy its worth trying several malware virus cleaners try spybot search and destroy or prevx they all find a little that the other didn't in my experience

Jeez Andy!!!!!!!!!What sites are you visiting?? (on second thought don't answer that;))
i was downloading roller coaster tycoon at the time (i was a bit bored, found the CD of it but its scratched beyond use, so i tried to download it)

and after all that, the program still doesnt work!