X-factor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an awful programme full of wannabes who prove the Andy Warhol 15 mins. of fame theory.

Why do all the afro-carribean women all try to look & sound like Whitney Houston?

I was going to apply for an audition to do a comedy act (with my best puns) but decided to call it off as I don't want to be famous. I'm happy going to the shops and not being mobbed.

I was going to apply for an audition to do a comedy act (with my best puns) but decided to call it off as I don't want to be famous. I'm happy going to the shops and not being mobbed.
................ or ending up like Stavros Flatley. Did anybody really think he was funny or was he just a fat bloke & his son making pillocks of themselves?

................ or ending up like Stavros Flatley. Did anybody really think he was funny or was he just a fat bloke & his son making pillocks of themselves?
That is exactly the reason why it was so funny - They knew it as do we all. They were willing to make a pratt of themselves to entertain and make a lot of money in the process.

Gosh - Do you and Andy reside in the same nursing home?

:D

That is exactly the reason why it was so funny - They knew it as do we all. They were willing to make a pratt of themselves to entertain and make a lot of money in the process.Gosh - Do you and Andy reside in the same nursing home?

i reckon they do on the High security wing :^O

That is exactly the reason why it was so funny - They knew it as do we all. They were willing to make a pratt of themselves to entertain and make a lot of money in the process.Gosh - Do you and Andy reside in the same nursing home?

But wasn't the keyword in the programme "Talent". Didn't see a lot of it on display.

It's just dumbed down TV like all the other "talent shows" & reality TV programmes.

It's their own Unique "Talent".

Bless 'em.

i just like decent music.... x factor is not decent music....

and stavros flatley were funny. not talent, but still fun to watch

Trouble is it becomes compulsive viewing, you wonder how bad the next one will be.

And what is it with the audience, some twerp comes on whose family have convinced him/her that he/she can sing, they start singing ,flat, out of time, off key, or in the words of Eric Morcombe, the right notes but not necessarily in the right order, and the audience stand up and cheer!!!

I don't think youngsters would know a good singer given the diet of 2nd rate pop carp that is force fed to them and the rest of us these days. Anyone noticed that the only music broadcast these days is mediocre pop mostly aimed at the 12 to 20yr olds or the obsession with that dreadful bloody agressive rapping stuff that white people pretend to think is cool.

A prime example is Johnathon Woss ,so called interviewer, always has some crumby pop group to close his show, usual stuff , five pasty faced kids appealing to the 15 yrs olds singing stuff no one will remember as soon as it stops. And Woss always says he loves their music !! Yeah he must be early forties, give me a bloody break !!

Rant over.

The problem is that years ago singers & bands used to learn the trade by playing working mens clubs, cabaret etc. & they would be discovered by a talent scout & given a record deal.

Now they get a recording contract on the back of a demo without ever having played live.

And they could play Instruments too, exBdc. :(