link to regs on rcd req

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madspark01

Reaction score
a company i have just started contracting to have been using a cowboy / muppet for there installs. They dont believe me that basicaly any alterations or additions req an rcd any one know of a link i can send the instalation manager. btw its a kitchen company and its costing me at the moment to install an rcd on circuits i am working on. This isnt acceptable headbang

any advice or guidence please and thanks

BS7671 2008, Part P building regulations.

Common problem when you work with muppets who know nothing and are too thick skinned to take any advise.

Just ask them a simple question.

How do you conform to the regulations when a cable is buried in a wall less than 50mm deep?

If they go doh just as Homer simpson would then tell them thay need to comply or else they are just like all the other know it all cowboys.

RCDS for:-

buried cables... 522.6.7

not under supervision of skilled persons... 522.6.7

metallic stud wall constuctions... 522.6.8

page 100 & 101 big red book!

or page 21 onward in On site guide.

3.6.1 Protection by an RCD.

HTH

:)

sorry i should have said part p dont apply in scotland a direct link would be helpfull and you were right i got a sort of homer look.

sorry i should have said part p dont apply in scotland a direct link would be helpfull and you were right i got a sort of homer look.
Never mind spec has done his magic again, and with his BRB out takes you will be fine.